My New Year Wishlist

We entered into 2015 yesterday after completing one more year with many twists and turns like a Bollywood Potboiler. On the new year eve I was watching a discussion in Television discussion and heard a impromptu ode to the time in his native language. I will try to translate the same below

Time is omnipresent and ever flowing
Time is Challenge (throws up challenges)
Time provides solutions
Time hurts – Time heals
Time flows – Time stops (for the dead)
Time kills – Time creates
Time creates Chimera – Time makes them real

I hope I made justice to the original (of course I added one or two lines of my own).

Like many in the world I also made some resolutions / wish list for the New Year.
  • To reduce my waistline by atleast 1.5 inches by end of 2015.
  • Keep my finances in a better shape in the new year.
This is what I wish for my country
  • Hope better sense prevail in the country and political parties
  • Hope the country become Swachh (clean) as outlined by the Prime Minister
  • Hope those in power clear the actual muck from the roads instead of stage managing by throwing some on a clean area and pretending to clean the same once again
  • Hope there will be substantial reduction in public urination (more particularly in Tamil Nadu. I have seen some doing it on a half broken wall right in front of Madras Central Railway Station)
  • Hope all the political parties and their affiliated and associated outfits strictly follow the moratorium proposed by the Prime Minister on Communalism in his Independence Day Speech in 2014
  • Hope people practice more of Verbal non-violence (Though we profess non-violence we are more violent in speech)
  • Hope Mr Rahul Gandhi becomes more active in Parliament as one of the important opposition leaders and stop sitting in the back benches and sleep.
  • Hope the Prime Minister focuses more on the promises made by him in several election campaigns across India instead of going for more trips abroad and greeting people of other countries in their language
  • Hope Mr Arun Jaitley presents a very good budget providing the filip to the economy and stock markets
And last but not least HOPE that Mr Arnab Goswami of Times Now Channel does a proper moderation of the TV debates reducing his decibel levels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anna Hazare’s Janlokpal Bill – Are we looking at Orwellian type of society?

Musings of an unknown citizen

Sumathi Satakam - Lessons for Modern Management